Dong Yang, was born on 22nd, October of 1980 in Gaocheng city, Hebei province, China. He obtained his PhD degree in 2009. Now he works as an associated researcher in Beijing Proteome Research Center and National Center for Protein Sciences (Beijing).
Dr. Dong Yang mainly engages in the proteomic data mining and experimental validation of important evolutionary and developmental questions. There are three directions in his group.
1. The rules of proteome composition/regulation and its dynamic changes during evolution and development. The mechanisms of the formation of biological complexity.
2. Evolutionary and developmental proteomics of liver.
3. The application of Evolutionary and developmental biology in medicine.
He firstly disclosed the general trends in the utilization of structural factors contributing to biological complexity and the regular patterns for proteome-wide distribution of protein abundance.
He also found KAP-1-associated complexes negatively regulate the process of erythroid differentiation and primarily elucidated the detailed mechanisms.
Currently, He is in charge of several projects funded by National Science Foundation of China, Ministry of Science and Technology and Beijing Nova Program.
1. Zhou Y#, Shen P#, Lan Q, Deng C, Zhang Y, Li Y, Wei W, Wang Y, Su N, He F*, Xie Q*, Lyu Z*, Yang D*, Xu P*．High-coverage proteomics reveals methionine auxotrophy in Deinococcus radiodurans. Proteomics，2017.17: 13-14.
2. Xu A#, Li G#, Yang D#, *, Wu S, Ouyang H, Xu P*, He F*. Evolutionary Characteristics of Missing Proteins: Insights into the Evolution of Human Chromosomes Related to Missing-Protein-Encoding Genes. J Proteome Res. 2015.14(12):4985-4994.
3. Yang D, Zhong F, Li D, Liu Z, Wei H, Jiang Y, He F. General Trends in the Utilization of Structural Factors Contributing to Biological Complexity. Mol Biol Evol. 2012. 29(8):1957-1968.
4. Yang D, Ma Z, Lin W, Yang J, Tian C, Wei H, Jiang Y, He F. Identification of KAP-1-associated complexes negatively regulating the Ey and β-major globin genes in the β-globin locus. J Proteomics. 2013.80C:132-144.
5. Zhong F#, Yang D#, Hao Y#, Lin C#, Jiang Y, Ying W, Wu S, Zhu Y, Liu S, Yang P, Qian X, He F. Regular patterns for proteome-wide distribution of protein abundance across species. PLoS ONE. 2012.7(3): e32423.
6. Yang D, Deng XY, Jiang Y, He FC. Analysis of protein complexes by 2D blue native/SDS-PAGE and antibody-shift assay. A chapter of 《Neuroproteomics (Neuromethods) 》. ISBN-10: 1617791105, ISBN-13: 978-1617791109. 2011. Humana Press.
7. Yang D, Jiang Y, He F. An integrated view of the correlations between genomic and phenomic variables. J Genet Genomics. 2009. 36(11):645-651.