Mainly focused on the development of new materials and reagents for low abundant functional proteins or PTM proteins/peptides enrichment, separation, identification and fluorescent imagining.
Developed a series of novel immobilized enzymes, highly efficient enrichment materials and methods, largely improved the digestion efficiency and identification sensitivity of proteome samples. (1) Synthesized different hairy polymer modified nanoparticles for trypsin immobilization, achieved the highest reported digestion efficiency of BSA and reduced digestion time for more than 500 times. (2) Reported the first stimuli-responsive soluble polymer based homogeneous enrichment system and novel multi-component hybrid enrichment materials, which provide fast interfacial mass transfer and comprehensive affinity between the enrichment materials and target molecules. Obtained the largest dataset of human urine N-glycoproteome. (3) Using endogenous biomacromolecules as the affinity reagent for broad spectrum target proteins enrichment and achieved more than 50% coverage of mouse liver RNA-binding-proteins.
Developed new lanthanide-based nanoprobes for in situ labeling and real-time fluorescent imaging. Successfully achieved living animal imaging of cancer cell membrane glycan and glycoform differentiation analysis. Established the first method for both living cell imaging and ICP-MS quantification of caspase activity in cancer cells. Provided useful tools for the research in tumor invasion and metastasis.
Currently, in charge of National Key Program for Basic Research of China, National Key Scientific Instrument Development Program of China and National Natural Science Foundation of China. Published more than 30 SCI papers, including Chemical Science, Analytical Chemistry and Nucleic Acids Research and applied eight patents.
1. Bai H. H., Fan C., Zhang W. J., Pan Y. T., Ma L. Ying W. T., Wang J. H., Deng Y. L., Qian X. H.* and Qin W. J.* A pH-responsive Soluble Polymer-based Homogeneous System for Fast and Highly Efficient N-glycoprotein/glycopeptide Enrichment and Identification by Mass Spectrometry Chem. Sci., 2015, 6, 4234-4241
2. Pan Y. T., Ma C., Tong W., Fan C., Zhang Q., Zhang W. J., Tian F., Peng B., Qin W. J* and Qian X. H.*, Preparation of Sequence-Controlled Triblock Copolymer-Grafted Silica Microparticles by Sequential-ATRP for Highly Efficient Glycopeptides Enrichment Anal. Chem., 2015, 87, 656-662
3. Fan C., Shi Z. M., Pan Y. T., Song Z. F., Zhang W. J., Zhao X. Y., Tian F., Peng B., Qin W. J.*, Cai Y.* and Qian X. H.* Dual Matrix-Based Immobilized Trypsin for Complementary Proteolytic Digestion and Fast Proteomics Analysis with Higher Protein Sequence Coverage Anal. Chem., 2014, 86, 1452–1458.
4. Zhang W. J., Peng B., Tian F., Qin W. J.* and Qian X. H.*, Facile Preparation of Well-Defined Hydrophilic Core-Shell Upconversion Nanoparticles for Selective Cell Membrane Glycan Labeling and Cancer Cell Imaging Anal. Chem., 2014, 86, 482-489
5. Zhang W. J., Han H. H., Bai, H. H., Tong W., Zhang Y. J., Ying W. T., Qin W. J.* and Qian X. H.*, A Highly Efficient and Visualized Method for Glycan Enrichment by Self-Assembling Pyrene Derivative Functionalized Free Graphene Oxide Anal. Chem., 2013, 85, 2703-2709
6. Qin W. J, Song Z. F., Fan C., Zhang W. J., Cai Y., Zhang Y. J.* and Qian X. H.*, Trypsin Immobilization on Hairy Polymer Chains Hybrid Magnetic Nanoparticles for Ultra Fast, Highly Efficient Proteome Digestion, Facile 18O Labeling and Absolute Protein Quantification Anal. Chem., 2012, 84, 3138-3144
7. Qin W. J., Zhang W. J., Song L. N., Zhang Y. J.* and Qian X. H.*, Surface Initiated Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization Access to Three Dimensional Wavelike Polymer Structure Modified Capillary Columns for Online Phosphopeptide Enrichment Anal. Chem., 2010, 82, 9461-9468
8. Qin, W. J., Yim, O. S., Lai, P. S. and Yung, L. Y. L.* Dimeric gold nanoparticle assembly for detection and discrimination of single nucleotide mutation in Duchenne muscular dystrophy Biosens. & Bioelectron. 2010, 25, 2021- 2025
9. Qin, W. J. and Yung, L. Y. L.* Nanoparticle carrying a single probe for target DNA detection and single nucleotide discrimination Biosens. & Bioelectron. 2009, 25, 313-319
10. Qin, W. J. and Yung, L. Y. L.* Nanoparticle- based detection and quantification of DNA with single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) discrimination selectivity Nucleic Acids Res. 2007, 35, e111