Dr. Jiang is interested in liver proteome. She is working on understanding the physiology of liver and the pathology of live diseases. She participated in the international collaborative Human Liver Proteome Project (HLPP) and contributed to the construction of the first protein expression profile of human liver. Drawing on data from this research, Dr. Jiang has developed Liverbase (http://liverbase.hupo.org.cn)— the largest set of searchable human liver protein data in the world — as a unique public resource for the life science research community. She performed comparative analysis on liver regeneration and fetal liver’s large scale transcriptome and proteome, and revealed the proteomic basis which highly embodied its specific developmental and functional characteristics. Dr. Jiang also systematically investigated the differentially expressed proteins in the progress of liver diseases (such as Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis, and Hepatocellular carcinoma) and found
- Down-regulation of mitochondrial protein ECHS1 exacerbates hepatic steatosis.
- Down-regulation of HSP70 or HSP90 could inhibit HBV production; HSP90 and HSP70 may be therapeutic or/and pharmacological targets for HBV-related diseases.
- Candidate biomarkers discovery for HCC genesis and metastasis.
- Analysis of the phosphoproteome in HCC and the paired no tumor tissue showed kinases drived pathways specific phospho-active in HCC.
Currently, she is working on liver cell system to understand the cooperation of liver cells in health and disease.
1. Wu P, Zhang H, Lin W, Hao Y, Ren L, Zhang C, Li N, Wei H, Jiang Y, He F. Discovery of Novel Genes and Gene Isoforms by Integrating Transcriptomic and Proteomic Profiling from Mouse Liver. J Proteome Res. 2014 ,13(5):2409-19
2. Fengwei Tan, Ying Jiang, Nan Sun, et.al. Identification of IDH1 as a Potential Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarker for Non-small-cell Lung Cancer by Proteomic Analysis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012 Feb;11(2):M111.008821.
5. Liu W, Hou Y, Chen H, Wei H, Lin W, Li J, Zhang M, He F, Jiang Y. Sample preparation method for isolation of single cell types from mouse liver for proteomic studies. Proteomics. 2011, 11:3556-64
6. Zhang X,Yang J, GuoY, YeH, Yu C, XuC, XuL,Wu S, Sun W, Wei H, GaoX, Zhu Y, QianX, Jiang Y, Li Y, He F.Functional proteomic analysis of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease inrat models: ECHS1 down-regulation exacerbate hepatic steatosis. Hepatology. 2010,51:1190-9
7. Jiang Y, Ying W, Wu S, et al., First insight into human liver proteome from PROTEOMESKY-LIVERHu 1.0, a publicly-available database. J Proteome Res. 2010, 9: 79-94.
8. Sun A, Jiang Y, Wang X, Liu Q, Zhong F, He Q, Guan W, Li H, Sun Y, Shi L, Yu H, Yang D, Xu Y, Song Y, Tong W, Li D, Lin CL, Hao Y, Geng C, Yun D, Zhang X, Yuan X, Chen P, Zhu Y, Li Y, Liang S, Zhao XH, Liu S, He F. Liverbase: a comprehensive view of human liver biology. J Proteome Res. 2010, 9: 50-8. (*co-corresponding authors)
9. Liu K, Qian L, Li W, Deng X, Chen X, Sun W, Wei H, Qian X, Jiang Y, He F. Two-dimensional blue native/SDS PAGE analysis reveals HSPs chaperone machinery involved in HBV production in HepG2.2.15 cells. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009,8:495-505.
10. Ying W, Jiang Y, Guo L, Hao Y, Zhang Y, Wu S, Zhong F, Wang J, Shi R, Li D, Wan P, Li X, Wei H, Li J, Wang Z, Xue X, Cai Y, Zhu Y, Qian X, He F. A Dataset of Human Fetal Liver Proteome Identified by Subcellular Fractionation and Multiple Protein Separation and Identification Technology. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2006,5:1703-7.